Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Too close for comfort

While Zorro's behavior has definitely improved, every once in a while he still feels the need to be a bad ass. Yesterday, he cut loose on a friendly yellow lab who happened to be passing by when Denny and Zorro got on the path. Zorro pounced. Denny said the lab's owner was "horrified." Worse, she knows where we live I was disappointed, because Zorro has been so well-behaved lately. He even looks at me (sometimes) when I tell him to sit, which is exactly what he's supposed to do.
But I still maintain some distance from other dogs. If a dog gets too close--which is what I think happened with the lab--he forgets everything I've been trying to teach him.
We're taking him to a farm in Berryville on May 23 that trains herding dogs on sheep. We have no idea what Zorro will do but it should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment