Sunday, October 18, 2009

Making new friends

Had company last night and everyone adored Zorro, although I thought he was a little too adorable; he kept nuzzling John and Mary Ann for more attention. They have a mixed-breed hound whose reaction to foxes is similar to Zorro and the moon, so we shared notes.
Before they got here, I watched Babe on HBO. I had seen it before, but watching it as a border collie owner is a new experience. The BCs in the movie are stunning. Unfortunately, I think I read somewhere that the movie led to an increase in adoptions of border collie puppies--many of whom ended up in shelters or rescues. (someone me a lot of labs ended up in shelters after the Marley movie came out, for the same reason.)
Quiet night except for a short bark at 2:15. Maybe our neighbor came home late.
Finally stopped raining so we had a brisk early walk this morning, and had the entire park and bike path to ourselves. When we got back, I let Zorro loose in the yard and he went wild; tearing all over the yard with his rope, daring me to catch him. Maybe the cold weather energized him. Home today so we can get in a couple more walks before the work week starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment