Thursday, February 25, 2010

Seeing pavement at last

Hallelujah. Zorro and I were able to go for a three mile run yesterday. I got my shoes muddied in one spot, but for the most part the path was clear. And the snowstorm we were supposed to get bypassed us and went straight to Philadelphia.
Had to go back to boots this morning because it was still icy. And because we went out a little later than usual, we encountered a few dogs. I'm working on the "look at me" queue, which works pretty well when the dog is in the distance, not so well when the dog is fast approaching. For those instances, I'm working on "Let's go," followed by a rapid turnaround and a retreat into the weeds or wherever. He definitely understands the command; now the key is to make it rock solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment