Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A second chance

Received a lovely email yesterday from Sallie Williams, the Blue Ridge Border Collie volunteer who fostered Zorro before we adopted him in May. I recently updated her on Zorro's progress.

Thank you for the info on Zorro. Prozac can really help a dog get through hard times. I have seen it work and then a dog can be weaned off it in a year or two. Im so glad you did not give up on the boy. So many border collie's like Zorro never get a chance with life when problems arise. Thank You on Zorro's behalf. sally

I check out their website, http://www.brbcr.org/ from time to time. The young dogs usually get adopted pretty quickly, but the older ones--like Zorro--are harder to place. Right now, they're looking for a home for a 9-year-old border collie named Skip who, according to the website, has the energy of a 3-year-old. But I fear Skip will be a hard sell. I'd adopt myself, but right now, Zorro is all we can manage. Half moon high in the sky this week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment